Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelée - Poppy Paradise

Sunday, December 8, 2013



It's been a day over a week since my last post, and I blame my stressful exam schedule on that! After this coming Wednesday though I'll be on Christmas break and I have so many blog posts and YT Videos planned! Yippie.

I have been eyeing the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Cheek Gelee ($29.00) for ages now, I loved the idea of a gel blush that is natural and long wearing. Whenever I went into Sephora I would swatch all the shades on the back of my hand and I just loved how smooth and water-like they were, so I just had to add another blush to my collection.

The shade I picked up is Poppy Paradise. It is a very bright hot pink in the sturdy glass jar, but blends out so softly and wearable. Personally I like to apply my blush a little further back then the average spot, being the apples of the cheeks. I like to apply mine directly on my cheek bone and higher up just so I can get some more shape to my face. I definitely think that this product is a stain because it lasts AGES on my skin! I will apply it in the morning around 6:30 am and when I get home from my day at 5:00 or 6:00 pm it will still be sitting right where I placed it many hours earlier. In the photo below where you can see it on my cheeks, you can also see how it had stained my ring finger which I used to dot in on my cheeks and used my middle finger to blend it out. I also like the application of using my finger more then I do a stippling brush. I find the colour to be such a natural flush that I find myself reaching for this almost everyday! It really does brighten up your face, especially if you're feeling extra tired that day.

Although it is 50% Coconut Water & Vitamin E rich Argan Oil I didn't necessarily find it super moisturizing, but that doesn't bother me too much as I really do love the product. I did try them on my lips to see if they would have the same lasting power on my lips (aka a lipstain) and I will admit that they made my lips feel very dry, but I don't even think they were targeted as a lip & cheek stain, so again that doesn't bother me!



I can't wait to try more shades of these, I would love to own them all! Do give them a try!


What are your current favourite blushers?

---- twitter: @kyrasbeautybag
---- instagram: kyrasbeautybag
---- youtube: kcrisppp
---- BLOGLOVIN'  

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE