bareMinerals Matte Foundation

Friday, April 25, 2014



I've been hearing about this mineral foundation for ages now and when I purchased it back in December I wasn't sure how much I would really enjoy it. Lemme just say right now - I'm in love.

I've never (ever) liked the idea of using a powder foundation on myself since I figured I'd look just so dang powdery! I figured you'd be able to see the powder sitting on my skin and that the coverage wouldn't be all that great. I was so wrong! The bareMinerals Matte Foundation is so amazing at reducing any redness, keeping you shine free for hours, and it doesn't give me a powdery mask like finish at all! I apply my foundation using the Sephora Mineral Powder #45 brush and it does an amazing job of buffing it in flawlessly. It is similar to the Real Techniques Buffing Brush but I like using them each specifically for one product to prevent spread of bacteria.

I have the lightest shade called Fair which suits pale ladies and gents like me who have a cool undertone. If you're not sure what undertone you may be, you can read my post all about that here.  As you can tell by the photos below all my redness around my nose and chin are reduced and it looks like my skin - not a powder foundation. I wanted to include that bottom photo of my chin and nose specifically because the sides of my nose tends to be really red and my chin is my problem area due to past acne scarring - and everything is covered so naturally. That's another thing I love about this foundation - it looks natural. I do have the matte formula but you can really still see here that I still have a "glow" and I'm not looking very "flat faced" what-so-ever.

I could probably go on and on about my love for this mineral foundation (did I mention that it's also good for your skin since it's natural cosmetic brand!?) but from here I'll let you try it out for yourself. It is reasonably priced and if you don't like matte skin then you can definitely try out the Original formula which does provide more of a glowy appearance.



**There was zero editing done to these photos as I really wanted you to see how flawless and natural this foundation is. All I did was sit by a window for some natural light!**

---- twitter: @kyrasbeautybag
---- instagram: kyrasbeautybag
---- BLOGLOVIN' 

Share/Bookmark

10 comments:

  1. It really looks amazing on you! the coverage is amazing and its so natural! adding to my wish list!

    -Courtney
    https://labellesirene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great foundation! I'm glad you're interested in getting it. :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I adore Bare Minerals! I've been using Estee Lauder over the winter but think it's time to repurchase Bare Minerals now ready for the summer :) love it! xx

    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be the perfect summer foundation! :) xx

      Delete
  3. This looks and sounds great! I definitely need to give it a go. I had been hesitant about the purchase until now but I think I'll have to try it out! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you do! It really is such a good foundation and looks so much like skin! I also really recommend this Mineral Powder brush, it basically does all the work for me!

      Delete
  4. Wow I can't believe how much coverage it's given you!! I've never tried a mineral foundation before as I have dry skin, so I just know it'd look hideous on me but I'm so impressed with how flawless it looks on you xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! That's so nice. I wish that you could give it a go as well! :(

      Delete
  5. I used to swear by mineral foundations when I had really bad acne, but over the last few years I've hardly thought of them! I've seen the original Bare Minerals foundation in shops but it was SO shimmery that it put me off. This matte version sounds absolutely perfect for me, it's definitely being added to my wishlist! x

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been interested in the original but I too would be so put off by the shimmer, for my skin type the matte formula seems to be a winner for me! xo

      Delete

Theme created by PIXELZINE