Minimal Makeup

Wednesday, April 16, 2014



I'm not sure if it's the warmer weather we've been having or if it's the stress of finishing my final exams - but one of those two options have made me really love wearing such minimal makeup.

I start with a clean and moisturized face then I apply the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in the shade Nude. I've owned (and loved) a full size of this product previously that lasted me over a year, so when it was time to repurchase it I went for the travel size because I use such a tiny amount of it. Even this travel size I've now had for months and it's still so full! The shade Nude is probably one shade too dark for me but it is so perfect because for a shade darker it doesn't go orange at all, but honestly makes me look healthier because it gives me such a stunning bronzed look. And don't worry - it matches my neck! I promise I'm not going out in public with a line across my jaw of product that clearly doesn't match.

On any extra redness I have such as around my nose, any spots I may have, or the darkness in the inner corner of my eyes I apply the MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer in the shade NW20. I really ignored this concealer in my stash for quite a while but I've really been enjoying it the past few weeks! I then use a soft powder brush to do a light dusting of the popular Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. I have the shade Transparent mainly because I do get quite the bronzed tan in the summer (who knew? Little ol' me being tan?!?) and I like how I can use it all seasons! I find that face products last me ages because I really prefer more natural makeup and I'm okay with any imperfections showing through.

At this point I may be looking slightly one dimensional (is that even the right word...?) so I then like to apply my favourite Tarte blush in the shade True Love to add some life back to my complexion. For my eyes I'll use Painterly Paint Pot by MAC to conceal any redness or veins around my eyelids, and then go in with my mascara of choice. My lipstick of choice the past few weeks has been either Syrup or Coral Bliss both by MAC. I must say...Coral Bliss is very similar to a huge favourite lippy of mine - if you read my posts often I'm sure you'll be able to guess what lipstick that is!

---- twitter: @kyrasbeautybag
---- instagram: kyrasbeautybag
---- BLOGLOVIN' 



Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I've always been interesting in trying that MAC concealer, may have to give it a go!

    http://www.chelsealeigh.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a really hard time liking it at first but once I got through the top layer it became really nice and creamy! It's fairly full coverage too so thats nice on any problem areas. :)

      Delete

Theme created by PIXELZINE