Mature Skin Makeup & NAKED2 Smokey Eye

Sunday, November 2, 2014



 If you read my blog posts or watch my YouTube videos you'll know that I love minimal makeup and always wearing light eyeshadow...well...my mom is the opposite! My mom came into my room one morning asking for a deep dark smokey eye that she could wear and bring out the blue in her eyes. She wanted to use all her makeup so that she could recreate this look on her own time.

I love LOVE love how the makeup turned out and I think she looks so good! I have never used the Naked2 palette before but I know that it is something that my mom loves, so I was slightly nervous to dip into it for my first time!

EYES:
I primed her eyelids with the Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer Potion
I used the shade Bootycall on her brow bone and all over her lid
I then built up her crease with the shade Tease
Next I applied YDK all over her lid to darken up her eye shade (she wanted smokey!)
Then went into the outer corner with the second darkest shade called Busted, I kept building up this shade because I wanted it to be dark
On her lower lashes I used a pencil brush and applied Half Baked which really brought out the blue in her eyes
For eyeliner I used her MAC pencil eyeliner in the shade Buried Treasure
Mascara I first went in with Tarte's Gifted mascara but I'm thinking it's on it's 3 month mark as it was fairly clumpy, so then we went in with the L'Oreal Million Lashes mascara

FACE:
My mom isn't someone who wears foundation as she is getting ready for work before the sun is even up, although I did go in and apply a sample she has of the Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation in the shade Light-Medium. Stunning foundation!
On her cheeks we used her mineralized blush by MAC in the shade New Romance. I want to buy this for myself!
I then went in with my MAC highligher in Soft and Gentle to the tops of her cheekbones.

LIPS:
I forgot to photograph the lippies we used, but I first went in with MAC Syrup lipstick and then went on top of it with Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey.




My mom has had a hard time trying to find makeup that looks good on her more mature skin, so I hope that this look helps yourself or your moms for finding a flattering look or gives you some help!

---- twitter: @kyrasbeautybag
---- instagram: kyrasbeautybag
---- BLOGLOVIN' 
--- youtube: kcrisppp

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXELZINE