Current Drugstore Picks

Monday, February 17, 2014


Sorry for the lack of posts, I'm battling a pretty nasty head cold right now and I haven't had the time to take any blog photos! Luckily I found this post idea hiding in my iPhoto from a few weeks ago.

As much as I do love a good spending spree at my local Sephora, there are some things that I just can't stop thinking about which are available at the drugstore.

Foundation: This is the CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Serum Foundation - long name, great results. This is definitely a foundation that I don't hear enough people rave about! It is hydrating, smoothing, has wonderful coverage, and has a beautiful natural to satin finish. There is a slight watermelon scent to it, which you can't smell once applied. This foundation can last up to 8 hours on my normal to combination skin without powder! Plus, the fact that it's easy to be found at the drugstore is a mega plus. Highly recommend looking into this foundation!

Mascara: I can't even tell you how many tubes of Maybelline Falsies Mascara I've gone through! I have naturally long and curled lashes, but this mascara really gives me lots of volume and I have gotten so many compliments on my lashes when I wear this particular mascara! Even two of my older male college professors asked me if I'm wearing false lashes - one of them even said "I'm sorry Kyra, I can't focus on your question, your lashes are so long!" Word. for. word.

Eyeliner: I've been using the same type of eyeliner for years, this is the L'Oreal The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner. With the small felt tip applicator, you're able to achieve a stunning thin flicked out eyeliner or you can build up the thickness to your desired amount. It's very black, lasts ALL day, and is the one I have repurchased several times.

Lips: There are so many lip products at the drugstore that I absolutely adore. The Revlon Lip Butters are a firm favourite of mine, in particular I love the shade Berry Smoothie. They are so moisturizing while giving a ton of colour to your lips. Berry Smoothie is a lovely shade that brings some colour back to my complexion while looking very natural enough to wear to school. The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Blam Stain in Honey is a perfect every day shade to wear with incredible long lasting power due to the stain factor. I also love the Rimmel Apocolips Lip Lacquer in Aurora and Celestial for highly pigmented glossy lips. They also tend to stain your lips which is perfect as it can prolong the wear time of your selected colour. I'm not much of a lip gloss girl, but if I decide that day I want a lip shade without the commitment of a lipstick, I always reach for my CoverGirl Wetslicks Fruit Spritzers in Cranberry Splash (pictured), Caramel Apple Splash, or Watermelon Splash. I find they have a lot of colour pay off, smell amazing, and don't feel too sticky on my lips.

Those are some of my current favourite drugstore items, what are your favourite items at the drugstore?

---- twitter: @kyrasbeautybag
---- instagram: kyrasbeautybag
---- BLOGLOVIN'

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. The Revlon Lip Butters are quite lovely. I only own Candy Apple so far but the other shades are lovely too!
    xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they're really nice! I used to not be such a big fan, but I think after you get through the top "layer" of them then they become super moisturizing and wonderful. I only own four, but I've definitely had a good "relationship" with them. ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Hi Kyra I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award :) You can check the rules and questions on my blog post, I look forward to reading your reply.
    http://alittlebitofjenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Theme created by PIXELZINE